Today in the Jerky.com Test Kitchen, we're making this unique and delicious Peanut Butter and Banana Bacon Jerky recipe. This may be one of your new go-to flavors for a sweet, dessert-like jerky experience! Follow along as we guide you through the process of creating this mouthwatering snack, and don't forget to check out the full recipe in the description below.
2 lbs. Bacon
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Peanut Butter Powder
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
Step 1: Prepare the Marinade
To create the perfect peanut butter and banana marinade, we'll start by peeling and chopping two bananas. Then, we'll add them to our trusty Thermomix along with peanut butter, peanut butter powder, banana powder, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water. If you don't have a Thermomix...that's ok! Just use any food processor or blender to help you mix everything together into a smooth, thick paste that will cling nicely to the bacon.
Step 2: Prep the Bacon
For this recipe, we recommend using thick-cut bacon. Cut the bacon in half to make it easier to work with and lay it out on the dehydrator racks. Place the bacon in a bowl, and pour the peanut butter and banana marinade over it. Take your time to ensure each piece of bacon is thoroughly coated in the marinade. Once it's all coated, seal the bowl and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
Step 3: Dehydrate the Bacon
After the bacon has marinated, it's time to dehydrate it. Lay the bacon out on the dehydrator racks, making sure the pieces don't overlap. Set the dehydrator to 158 degrees Fahrenheit and start checking the jerky after about five hours.
Step 4: Check for Doneness
Once the bacon jerky reaches your desired texture, remove it from the dehydrator and let it sit at room temperature for about three hours to firm up. The finished product should be pliable but not too greasy.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Creation
Your peanut butter and banana bacon jerky is now ready to enjoy! This unique flavor combination features a strong, prominent peanut butter taste, with a subtle hint of banana. It's a delicious mix of sweet and salty that will surprise and delight your taste buds.
If you're looking for a unique jerky flavor to try, give this peanut butter and banana bacon jerky a shot. And if you have your own creative jerky flavor idea, leave it in the comments below – we might just use it in our next test kitchen adventure! Don't forget to like and subscribe to our channel for more delicious jerky recipes. Happy snacking!
Peanut Butter and Banana Bacon Jerky Recipe
This Peanut Butter & Banana Bacon Jerky Recipe was suggested to us in the comments section of our Dill Pickle Ranch Beef Jerky Recipe Video.
I think the world is short of Jerky flavors that border on the category of dessert...and this is one of them.
Now, let's make this Peanut Butter & Banana Bacon Jerky Recipe together!
2 lbs. thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 ripe bananas
In a blender or food processor, combine the chopped bananas, peanut butter, water, peanut butter powder, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Cut the bacon in half for easier handling. Place the bacon in a large mixing bowl and pour the peanut butter and banana marinade over it.
- Thoroughly coat each piece of bacon with the marinade, ensuring no spots are left uncovered. Seal the bowl and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- When the bacon is done marinating, lay it out on dehydrator racks, making sure the pieces do not overlap.
- Set the dehydrator to 158°F and start checking the jerky after about 5 hours.
- Once the bacon jerky reaches your desired texture, remove it from the dehydrator and let it sit at room temperature for about 3 hours to firm up.
- Enjoy your homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Bacon Jerky! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
- This unique jerky flavor features a strong peanut butter taste with a subtle hint of banana.
- Experiment with different brands of bacon for variations in texture and flavor.
- Adjust the dehydration time and temperature to achieve your preferred jerky consistency.