Matthew - Herbes De Provence-Smokey Paprika-French Onion Beef Jerky
- 2 lbs. eye of round
- 32oz. Beef broth
- 1-10 oz. Can of condensed French onion soup
- 1 and 3/4 oz. Chopped onion flakes
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp. Onion juice
- 5 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp. Herbes De Provence
- 3 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Celery salt
- 2 tbsp. Onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Tellicherry Pepper
- In a small stockpot over low heat add Beef Broth and condensed soup
- Slowly and contuously stir in all other ingredients, adding the sugar as it begins to steam
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar for 3 more minutes to fully dissolve.
- As the marinade cools, slice up to 5 lbs. of eye of round(or any meat desired) into 1/4 inch slices shaped to your liking.
- Add meat to the marinade when it is no longer warm-cover and refrigerate for 24 - 30 hours before dehydration process.
- Try to keep the dehydrator at 145’ - 160’ for 4 1/2 to 6 hours checking your jerky in that time frame for desired finish and chew. Putting the jerky in a bag after it cools enough not to sweat the bag and then refrigerating your jerky for a short period of time will give you the best results for your desired flavor and chew to be achieved. Pull out a piece and ~ENJOY~ this savory recipe!
Add 3 tbsp. Of liquid smoke to this marinade recipe and you won’t be sorry!! This recipe is Gluten Free only if you buy Gluten Free condensed French onion soup. I use gluten free flour when I make my own soup for this recipe.You can leave the onion flakes on your jerky lightly when dehydrating for added flavor, or just wipe them off. Either way, this is “tasty” jerky.