- 1 1/2 pounds beef (or any meat type)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cups lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon red pepper – crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- cooking spray
- Cut meat into consistent strips about 1/4" thick (click here to read about the importance of meat thickness consistency).
- Mix all of the other ingredients thoroughly, put the mix with the meat inside of a sealed bag or plastic container with a lid. Let this marinade in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours...longer is better.
- Pull the meat out and lay it out on racks (click here to read about different racking methods for making beef jerky) without pieces touching.
- Dehydrate/bake/smoke in your equipment of choice at 160-180F (depending on your equipment's capabilities) or until your desired texture is reached. (Click here for more information about the different methods to make jerky at home)
- Once your desired texture is reached, let your jerky 'rest' until it reaches room temperature. At this point, it has reached it's final texture and is ready for consumption and packaging.
- Enjoy the hell out of it and tell everyone you know how Jerky.com helped you make jerky at home!