- 5 pounds ground venison
- 5 teaspoons canning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tender Quick® curing mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Cut meat into consistent strips about 1/4" thick (click here to read about the importance of meat thickness consistency).
- Mix all of the other ingredients thoroughly and kneed the mixture into the ground venison. Don't be afraid to get all up in there! The more thoroughly you mix it, the more the flavor gets in to the meat. Put the mix with the meat inside of a sealed bag or plastic container with a lid. Let this marinade in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours...longer is better.
- Pull the meat out and pack it into your Jerky Gun. Then, extrude the meat out of the gun and onto your jerky racks (click here to read about different racking methods for making beef jerky) without pieces touching.
- Dehydrate/bake/smoke in your equipment of choice at 160-180F (depending on your equipment's capabilities) or until your desired texture is reached. (Click here for more information about the different methods to make jerky at home)
- Once your desired texture is reached, let your jerky 'rest' until it reaches room temperature. At this point, it has reached it's final texture and is ready for consumption and packaging.
- Enjoy the hell out of it and tell everyone you know how Jerky.com helped you make jerky at home!
*tip - we suggest you use our recipes and processes as a base line and make adjustments as you see fit to make the perfect jerky for you. Click here for more ideas on how to tweak this recipe for your personal tastes.